Skip links
carbon neutrality and events

Porto wants to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030 – and events are part of the strategy

The meetings and events sector is increasingly aware of the impact its activity has on the environment and joint action by all the players to help Porto achieve carbon neutrality by 2030 is fundamental and is already in motion.

 

By 2030, the city of Porto has set itself the goal of achieving a zero emissions balance, with CO2 emission reductions of around 85 per cent and compensation for the remaining 15 per cent through carbon sequestration solutions.

Porto is home to over 1,7 million inhabitants, not counting the leisure and business tourists who land at the airport every day. 

The meetings and events sector is increasingly aware of the impact its activity has on the environment and joint action by all the players to help Porto achieve carbon neutrality by 2030 is fundamental and is already in motion.

By 2030, the city of Porto has set itself the goal of achieving a zero emissions balance, with CO2 emission reductions of around 85 per cent and compensation for the remaining 15 per cent through carbon sequestration solutions.

Porto is home to over 1,7 million inhabitants, not counting the leisure and business tourists who land at the airport every day.